- Select repertoire in consultation with music director and arrange for playable copies of music for viol players well in advance of the first rehearsal.
- Engage requisite viol players.
- Create a rehearsal schedule appropriate for players and music director.
- Contact VdGS-NE Treasurer via Treasurer@vdgsne.org at least two weeks before the event to arrange for payment of musicians (payment to be supplied the day of the concert or service).
- Ensure the honorarium from the sponsoring organization is paid either directly to the performers or to the VdGS-NE. If paid to the society, money should be mailed directly to Sybil Kevy who will add it to the viol player’s fees.
- Prepare publicity for local news organizations or website in a timely way.
- Submit a short acknowledgment of the VdGS-NE for the concert bulletin or program (sample below).
- After the event, mail a copy of the concert program or church bulletin to:
Viola da Gamba Society – New England
P.O. Box 192
Belmont MA 02478
along with a brief summary of the event to be used in the VdGS-NE newsletter. You may also contact the VdGS-NE Newsletter editor by email at NewsletterEditor@vdgsne.org.
Sample minimum acknowledgment for bulletin or program:
Today’s musical event has been made possible in part by the Gian Lyman Silbiger Grant of the Viola da Gamba Society of New England. This award fosters the performance of music for viols and voices around New England and encourages further exploration of the viol and its music.
If you have any questions concerning the Silbiger Grant, contact the Silbiger Grant Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org